1 teaspoon ginger grated
2 green chilies finely chopped
1 tablespoon oil
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 medium tomato finely chopped
1 cup colored bell pepper diced
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon red chili powder or black pepper powder
1 cup extra firm tofu
salt to taste
2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley
½ teaspoon curry powder(optional)
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the ginger, green chilies and saute for a few seconds.
2. Add the onion and colored bell peppers. Saute for 2-3 minutes till they are soft.
3. Add the finely chopped tomatoes and dry spices like turmeric powder, red chili powder or black pepper powder, salt (to taste) and curry powder (optional).
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes till the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
5. Add the crumbled tofu and combine well. Cook covered on medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes.
6. Garnish with Parsley or Cilantro.